When I try to create any String or run a command I receive an error message 'Error in Making Alignment List'.
This error can occur for a number of reasons:
- You have the Civil 3D version installed, and have a separate session of AutoCAD running as well as Civil 3D. The software can be directed by Autodesk to look at the AutoCAD resources for the alignment data and generates an error.
- Resolution: Close down all Autodesk products and restart with just Civil 3D to resolve this.
- You have multiple independent instances of Civil 3D or AutoCAD installed, and it is getting information from the instance that does not contain the current drawing.
- Resolutions: Close down all Autodesk products and restart with just Civil 3D to resolve this.
- You have uninstalled Storm and Sanitary Analysis, which has corrupted the API for accessing Civil 3D data.
- Resolution: Reinstall Storm and Sanitary Analysis.Can you confirm that this issue started after a fresh installation of Civil 3d?
- Civil Site Design (Advanced Road Design) was installed before first running Civil3D.
- Resolution: If this is the case, then the only workaround is a clean uninstall of Civil3d and reinstall. After doing so, run Civil3D, then reinstall Civil Site Design (do not unistall Civil Site Design)
If none of thse resolve the issue, please lodge a support ticket for us to assist.