Knowledgebase: Civil Site Design (prev. Advanced Road Design)
Ribbon tabs not visible
Posted by - NA -, Last modified by on 15 April 2010 10:09 AM
The ARD ribbon tabs are available in the ARD 2010.03 update and later.
If you have installed this update but cannot see the ribbon tabs, here
is the troubleshooting process:|
1. Confirm that you have the ribbon enabled and visible by typing the command 'RIBBON' into the Civil 3D command line. This will load the ribbon if it is not visible.
2. Refresh your workspace. This is done by selecting the 'Workspace Switching' icon in the bottom-right of Civil 3D and then clicking on your currently-selected workspace (this is usually called 'Civil 3D').
3. If the ribbon tabs still do not appear (they are called Roads, Pipes and General), you will need to reload your menu. Run the 'MENULOAD' command, select the ARD 2010 menu ('ARD2010') from the list and click 'Unload'. Select 'Browse'. Browse to the following location:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CADApps\ARD\Menu
Windows Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\CADApps\ARD\Menu
Select ARD2010.cuix from the folder, click 'OK' and then 'Load'. The ribbon tab should load automatically. You may need to refresh your workspace again for the changes to occur.
4. If ribbon tabs are still not appearing, delete the cached version of the menu. To do this, navigate to the same Menu folder listed above and delete the ARD2010.mnr file. Then repeat the process in Step 3.
5. If you still cannot see the ribbon tabs, delete the following files from the above Menu folder and then reinstall the ARD2010 update. :