How to Create a User Defined Contour/s in the Surface Properties using the Analysis Tab. Here are the Steps to making a user Defined Contour.
- Left Click on the Surface
- Right Click, Surface Properties
- Click on the Analysis Tab
- Change the Analysis Type to User-defined Contours
- Leave Legend as Description & Land
- Change the Number of ranges to 1 (If you want more than 1 user defined Contour, change the number to the amount required)
- Click on the Run Analysis Arrow (the down arrow)
- Where it says Elevation change it to the Elevation/s you require and
- Then click OK
- Left click on the surface again and this time select the Edit Surface Style and make sure the User Contour light bulb is turned on
- Now you will see the user Defined Contour in the surface displayed.
This part is only required if you want to add that User Defined contour/s into the drawing separately.
- If you want to use that contour separately in the drawing, you will need to extract it from the surface.
- Click on the Modify Tab, Select Surface on the left under the Ground Data Panel
- Then go to the Surface Tools panel and select Extract Objects
- Untick all the other options except for User Contours and click OK.
- User Defined Contour has now been extracted and can be used further in the drawing.