ARD V13 heralded a change in the way we handle the design and documentation processes of ARD, with a clear focus on improving dynamics and interaction.
ARD V14 built on this functionality with new features:
- New licensing sytem
- Ability to add sections on the fly - also when you're in the VGE, Design Data Form or Model Builder
- Function to create draped strings from multiple alignments - select the sampling, surface and a template and the string will be automatically draped onto the surface
- More control of AutoModel - linework and surface
- New variation of Match slopes - automatically gets the slopes between two codes and applies this.
This web page describes the new functionality and includes videos:
You might want to know what we added to ARD V13. In summary, the following new features were included:
- Automatic plan drafting, updating as you edit the design.
- Export of plan drafting to 2D or 3D polylines for other AutoCAD editing
- Generation of a fully dynamic ARD Quick Surface, updating as you make design edits. You can selectively export this out to AutoCAD objects or to Civil 3D Surface when required
- Multi Object Setout - setout of multiple strings at once, and more setout control
- Driveways tool - create and edit driveway grades including vehicle clearance checks
- Model builder - rewrite of the modelling tools - easier to create and edit models and they dynamically react as strings are edited
- New Enquiry tools - enquire chainages/levels as you click around
- Roundabout improvements
We recorded some in-depth videos on these new features for you to download and review:
You can also get good information from our YouTube videos. here is a sample: